Wednesday 28 July 2010

Spending spree with some nice results

Until last night, it had been a while since I'd optimised Felica for 10 man raiding.  I was running over hit cap as I'd had to gem for it in the past and not replaced the [Veiled Ametrine]s I'd used with my regular [Reckless Ametrine] since I'd got some gear with which to replace that hit with.

So, as I used to obsessively do, I cracked open Rawr, reloaded her profile from the armory, checked through the gear I had in the bank and made sure it was all selected as available.  After a quick optimize, and adjusting some filters on available gear, I had a browse through some of the possible upgrades and what I might be able to get my hands on before the usual Tuesday night raid invites went out.



Turns out that the [Sandals of Consecration] would make a better with what else I had available  than my [Deathfrost Boots] and that the [Band of the Invoker] she's been wearing for yonks would be better replaced with a [Runed Signet of the Kirin Tor].

So I got to work, buying up the eternals I needed to make the Moonshroud and the 5 Primordial Saronite (I even paid 1000g for one of them, but I just didn't care at that point, I wanted to be the best I could with what was available to me) and then bought the ilvl 200 ring and all the upgrades at a cost of nearly 10k.  Ouch.

So on goes the new gear, new enchants and a regemming session and off we go into ICC10.

Turns out that this was +/-17k well spent as we got down not one, but two new bosses.  Professor Putricide and Blood Queen Lana'thel both hit the floor after more or less 4 attempts each.  Sweet!  We cleared out VDW after that and have extended the RaidID so we go straight to Sindragosa and, fingers crossed, LK next raid night.

On top of that, I got [Leggings of the Refracted Mind] and [Pendant of Split Veins] for the set I'm putting together before I switch over to a Fire spec.

Great night all round and congratulations to Requiem for getting to 10/12.

No comments:

Post a Comment