Friday 14 May 2010

One small step...

I've been playing WoW since early days of Vanilla, when my little brother introduced me to it and I would borrow his account when back at home from university.  I got all the way to level 43 on a Dwarven warrior...



Some time in 2006, when university was finished and done with I sorted myself out with my own account and played very casually on an old iMac G4, starting an Orc hunter (who's still languishing at lvl 27) and then a Troll mage, my current main and a class I am passionate about and like to think I know (almost) inside out - from a PvE perspective at least.  


That computer was so old I was lucky to get 10 fps  even somewhere quiet like Desolace.  Grouping up, even for 5 mans was a no no but even so I whiled away my time in Azeroth and Outland, questing here, crafting there and dabbling in a little bit of Auction House trading.


In the summer of 2008 I treated myself to a brand spanking new beast of a machine, still going strong two years later and WoW exploded into a whole new experience for me.  This was towards the end of the Burning Crusade, of course, and I regrettably missed out on all of the great end-game content that expansion had to offer.  


I was still playing casually at that point, as I was taking a distance learning postgraduate course at the time which I successfully completed in December last year.  But at last I could group up again and I take fond memories away from the heroics at the time - Slabs especially, I loved the final boss in there, Murmur.  


So now where am I? Well, the last 5/6 months have seen me spend more time than ever before in WoW.  I'm currently an officer and Deputy Raidleader in an averaged sized social 10 man raid guild on Dragonblight EU.  Our progress is nothing to write home about (Festergut and Rotface on farm) but we have fun while we're at it and its a pretty close-knit little community we have going on. I've still only got the one 80, but have been working on a resto shaman recently and he should hit the level cap in a week or so.


I've been an avid WoW blog reader for a while now - I have over 100 WoW blogs subscribed to in my reader!! I thought it was time to share some of my thoughts about this game we all love.


I'll be focusing mostly on the topics of gold making (and spending!) and professions but I've got plans to look into some addons/ui discussion, class specific stuff and perhaps some insight into raidleading/guild management and so on.  


I hope you enjoy what you read here and any suggestions/feedback/comments are most welcome!


I bid you good day Ladies and Gentlemen.


Felica

No comments:

Post a Comment